About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Monday 28 June 2010

Caffe Habitu @ Elements

On this rainy day I found some free time, so here I am blogging, trying to make this site up-to-date with my current eats =))
23rd June '10
Caffe Habitu @ Elements Mall
So my friend E and I came here for 'brunch' on a Wednesday.... I have only been to Habitu The Pier before (which by the way is closing soon...!), and so I had no idea this place requires you to order your food at the counter by the entrance before finding your own table...

Poor-ish system aside, we chose our table - with a view of the ice rink. Drinks arrived first...
Rose Milk Tea
I ordered a set, and opted to pay a little extra in order to change it to this Rose Milk Tea. Probably not a good idea after all, since it was quite watered down with a only a hint of rose scent. Yes, it looks great but taste-wise it was a disappointment. Although, I will say the barista did a pretty good job with steaming the milk - the foam was creamy, light and stiff at the same time. 
Hazelnut Habbiccino
This was E's choice. Habbiccinos have been newly added to Habitu's drink menu this year, and having tried the caramel before, I recommended my friend to try one. She chose Hazelnut, and in my opinion it was pretty good. Reminds me of Starbucks' hazelnut latte, but frozen and the blended ice was nicely done, without large chunks of ice like one would often find in Starbucks...
Prosciutto Pizza
With my set, I opted for the Prosciutto pizza ($96 with the rose milk tea), which was one of four pizza selections in Caffe Habitu. When it arrived it looked quite good I thought, but these thoughts quickly disappeared as I dug through it. It was the thin-crust variety, but the crust was so soggy it was hardly edible and safe to say the worst pizza I have eaten in a long time. The prosciutto was nice, not too salty and sliced thinly, but hardly any was given, as seen in the picture. 
All-Day Gourmet Breakfast
E's Gourmet Breakfast ($58) arrived the same time as my pizza (yay for this), but perhaps the staff had been waiting for the pizza to be ready or something which caused it to be only luke warm when it arrived. The plate consisted of sautéed mushrooms, scrambled eggs, half of a thick slice of toast, two small sausages, some baked beans and half of a grilled tomato. E liked this a lot, so I tried the eggs and sausage, both of which were quite good but better if hotter. 

What I liked about this branch was its relative quietness during weekdays, so you can read the SCMP (ask the staff for a copy) or have a good conversation with friends. I don't think I will be visiting for pizza again, but I wouldn't mind having my caffeine fix or some pastries here...!

Food: ♥♥
Service: ♥♥♥
Price: $$

Shop 1001, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2196 8466

No comments: