About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Sunday 12 December 2010

Song Cuisine D'Indochine

Date of visit: 18th Oct 2010
Song Cuisine d’Indochine @ Soho
I don't really have the recollection of why K and I came here, but I do remember what we had, and what it was like =P 

 "Bread basket" 
comprised of sesame crackers and prawn chips, all very crunchy and yumm. 

 "Lime soda" ($35) 
We both ordered a lime soda each to wash down our meal. It was very sour with lots of fresh time and lots of fizz. Totally my kind of lime-soda! 

 "Vegetarian Curry"($120) 
Was a bowl of green curry that was chock full of assorted vegetables such as eggplant, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. The sauce was thin and very slightly spicy and sweet....quite like the Thai green curry. Was very enjoyable and K seemed to love it too. 

"Baguette"
came with the curry above

"Halibut in Banana Leaf with Turmeric, Lemongrass and Coconut" ($160)
The fish was cooked perfectly, but the marinade of coconut, lemongrass and turmeric was lacking....salt. Was a bit on the bland side for my tastes but good nonetheless. The thick coconut sauce came through quite well too, very aromatic. 

"Chocolate mascarpone cake" ($75)
This was a very rich (I think flour-less) chocolate cake, with a thin layer of slightly sweetened mascarpone cheese in the middle (the yellow bit in the picture). With a little drizzle of chocolate sauce for sweetness, this cake was every bit rich and indulgent as it looked. 

For some Asian food in Soho, I would recommend Song, but whether you can find it is another story. It's quite hidden... =P (And make reservations too!) 
Food: ♥♥♥ 1/2 

Service: ♥♥♥ 1/2 
Price:$$$

LG, 75 Hollywood Road, 
Central, Hong Kong 
Tel: +852 2559 0997

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the review! I am actually looking up some information about this restaurant, as I found a deal from a website: http://www.twangoo.com/hong-kong/en/deal,2246,hong-kong-s%F4ng
The halibut and the chocolate cake seems so nice! Love rich chocolate cake! Why is it quite hidden? Would I be able to find it if I walk on Hollywood Road?