About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Café Causette II

Date of visit: 22nd December 2010
Cafe Causette @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel

I’ve posted before on my first visit. This was a second time, this time with J and P who were back for the winter holidays. Upon seating, we looked through the long international menu and each decided on the three dishes below. Meal started off with a large sour-dough which I once again forgot to snap. This time roun

Hainan Chicken Rice (Thigh) ($208)
J ordered this, and since I had it before (see link above) I didn't try any this time. 

"Roasted Portobello Mushroom" ($158)
with spinach, ricotta and rocket
whilst there was hardly if not any rocket, the other components were quite enjoyable, a healthy vegetarian dish for an appetizer or for the not-so-hungry. 

"miso cod" 
with miso soup, japanese pickles - shibazuke and cucumbers (pictured blow), broccolini, steamed rice and miso sauce on side. This was a pretty clumsy-looking plate, but the fish was so soft and succulent and tasty it didn't matter. The fish was mush more seasoned than the one I had at Naozen, so the sauce on the side was quite unnecessary but I didn't mind. As for the broccolini...it was my second time having it, and I prefer it over the boring old broccoli! 

pickles and miso soup
the miso soup was alright, although it could've been hotter, and the pickles were the packaged variety, not anything out of the ordinary. 

The food overall was good, though their 'signature' of Hainan chicken rice needs to improve....starting with the chicken. Their menu is super-long and have even introduced some family-style dishes for sharing, which I would love to try some day! So...until my next visit, this will be it =)

Food: ♥♥♥ 1/2 
Service: ♥♥♥
Price: $$$

Cafe Causette
1/F, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 5 Connaught Road,
Central 
Tel: +852 2825 4005

2 comments:

Geoffrey Wu said...

Dear For the Love of Good Food,

On behalf of Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, my name is Geoff, responsible for our E-Commerce and Social Media. I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for your review on Cafe Causette and we will for sure share your comments with our team regarding the Hainan Chicken.

We look forward to welcoming your visit to our other restaurants and bars very soon and should we be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Wishes
Geoffrey Wu
E-Commerce and Social Media Manager

g. said...

Hi Mr. Wu,

Thank you for leaving this message. It is reassuring and great to know that the Mandarin Oriental respects its customers' feedback. After all, fine hospitality is what brings customers back.

Regards,

G