About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Saturday 5 October 2013

Other delicious bits and pieces of NYC

 Other eats I'd highly recommend and would revisit on my next trip to New York:

Wafels & Dinges
Belgian waffle
 topped with Speculoos (caramelized cookie butter), strawberries and banana... best breakfast/snack EVER.

 Bouchon Bakery
Big macs...

Raspberry lemon macaron
Dark chocolate macaron
 So freshy and flavours so balanced, hands down better than any macaron I've had in Hong Kong.

Cappuccino

Drip coffee
La Colombe and Blue Bottle Coffee are must-visits for coffee aficionados.

Eataly
Vegetable station menu
Pinzimonio - bagna cauda dip with a range of raw and cooked veggies
Italian seafood soup from the seafood station

Cappuccino
Even the coffee at Eataly is really good! 

Shack stack burger
Cheeseburger and a 'Shroom burger topped with lettuce, tomato and shack sauce. Cardinal sin not to try this dish. I went to the Madison Square Park branch, of course! 

Cut in half
 I loved the fried portabella mushroom stuffed with cheese. Any vegetarians would be very happy eating just this between their buns with the shack sauce and a frozen custard. Ahhhhhhh. 

really good pizza
"Calzone" ($24/16-inch) - tomato sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, mushrooms, spicy salami, ham, basil
"Tartufata" ($23/16-inch) -  tomato sauce, mozzarella, mushroom and black truffle pate
The closest version to Luzzo's pizza base in Hong Kong would be 208 Duecento Otto's but still Luzzo's was a mile a head and at basically half the price?! Incomparable. 


Look at the crazy assortment of savoury and sweet spreads!

MINE: lox cream cheese, lox, onions, tomatoes on everything bagel.

Big Gay Ice Cream 


My "Salty Pimp" of vanilla ice cream cone, dulce de leche, sea salt and dipped in chocolate
 This ice cream truck turned shop is hugely popular and any time of the day you'll find at queue. We were quite disturbed by a homeless man but we were determined to get our sweet fix.... And was it worth it? Well my salty-sweet-cold-creamy combo was definitely worth it!
Cousin's "Mermaid" - Vanilla ice cream, key lime curd, crushed graham crackers and whipped cream
This post was incredibly hard to write, mostly because many of the tasty foods on here I can no longer eat... fingers crossed my allergy will go away and get my flights booked for my next trip! ;)

No comments: