About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Sunday Brunching at Bouchon Bistro

I'm not sure why I hadn't visited Bouchon before but I was pleasantly surprised on a recent visit during lunch time on a Sunday. Despite a rocky beginning (they didn't seem to have taken my booking as the restaurant was full and we had to wait for a table despite me having put in a call a week in advance)

Brunch menu

Salmon rillette
Medium-cooked flaked salmon - I had a little bit of this thanks to B and it was wonderful... 

Crab mimosa
I chose to start with the crab mimosa which had a very lovely crab flavour and the olive oil around the plate added a smoother texture (not that it needed it). Generous portion as part of the set. 

Croque Madame
Fried egg on cheese and ham; French-style.
Steak tartar with egg yolk, fries and toasties
My pick was this tartare - it was very well seasoned and the fries were very skinny and had a good crispiness - despite hating potatoes I thought it went well with the steak tartar! This version is very minced though so if you prefer ones with a bite then this might not be for you...

Rose to end our lovely Sunday brunch
As we were the last table to finish the manager kindly gave us the rose above, perhaps to save the earlier misunderstanding but nonetheless a very nice gesture. 

regular menu
 At this price in Soho I thought the food was of very good quality; and am definitely going to revisit during to dinner to try out the other French bistro type dishes.

Food: ♥♥ 1/2
Service: ♥♥
Price: About HK$150-$230 for two-course brunch

Bouchon Bistro Francais 
49 Elgin Street
Soho, Central, 
Hong Kong 
T: +852 2525 9300

No comments: