About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Monday 23 August 2010

I Scream...GELATO

Date of visit: 14th August 2010
I Scream  Gelato @ IFC Mall
My selection - green tea, rose - apple, raspberry lavender sherbets
After dinner I stopped by with some friends of mine. I sampled a few flavours before making a decision. They had four new summer flavours, and I tried two - "rose and green apple" and "lavender and raspberry" as well as other regular flavours like the chocolate and green tea etc. 


We all went for the three mini scoop deals for $35 that meant you could have three flavours in a crunch waffle bowl and toppings (dry toppings available only), and it sounded like a sweet deal so I proceeded to pick my flavours. I chose the rose and green apple as my first, and was told that I'd have to add $10.

Thinking it would make my whole total for $45 I didn't mind. Green tea gelato and lavender and raspberry were my other two flavours. This came to a total of $55, rather than the $35 I was expecting... Turns out it was $10 extra for each new flavour swap, thus if I had chosen all three new flavours it would've been $65 in total. On the other hand, a regular single scoop of their 'new flavours' are only $2 extra each, which made no sense at all. The poor explanation and lack of preciseness of their pricing bothered me a little.


Whilst the flavours were quite extraordinary and a nice contrast to the regular flavours in HK gelato for me, my friends didn't like these newer flavours at all and stuck to the regulars, like black and white sesame or blueberry yogurt etc... 


D's bowl with black and white sesame, pistachio and something else with crushed oreos.

The gelato I must say, is a much better consistency than Holly Brown, and I like their flavours in general more than Pappagallo etc., but they really must re-consider their pricing for those mini scoops....$2 extra for a large vs $10 extra for a mini scoop swap didn't make sense!
Food: ♥♥♥
Service: ♥♥
Price: $$

Shop 1104, Podium Level One, IFC Mall,
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2234 7281

No comments: