About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Watami Japanese Chain Restaurant






Date of visit: 25th July 2010

Watami @ Sun Arcade, TST
On a Sunday lunch this place is pretty quiet, no long queues, no loud laughter….just peace (well, not quite true as a screaming child came along later….).

A friend and I were here to catch up so we savoured bit of quietness we were given… After looking at the menu full of pictures, we went for the following:

Watami Salad (has a tuna mayo topping, side of sesame dressing, teriyaki chicken and the regular lettuce, tomatoes, carrots etc.)

Dressing

Beef in stone pot rice (more like Korean bibimbap)

Scallop and Tuna sushi rolls

Scallop skewers

Nothing from this meal particularly stood out – salad was okay, beef rice was too spicy after mixing the toppings, sushi rolls were mediocre at most - not as fresh as say, Itacho or Itamae, scallop skewers were cold and too dry. The prices here are reasonably cheap so I wasn’t expecting anything ‘wow’, but I probably won’t return any time soon for the food.


On the other hand, drinks here are quite good - on previous visits I've sampled the passion fruit boba tea + mango yakult smoothie - both very refreshing and tasty!


Food: ♥♥
Service: ♥♥♥
Price: $$

Basement Shop 09, The Sun Arcade, Canton Road, 
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
(other branches in HK)
Tel +852 3156 2567

1 comment:

Timothy said...

My goodness the food looks amazing, I wish we could get some really decent Japanese chains where I live. I think, more like hope, their might be one opening at one of the old Ask locations but knowing my luck it'll be another Italian restaurant.