About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Popeyes, HKIA

Date of Dining: 22nd July 2010
Popeyes @ Hong Kong International Airport, Chek Lap Kok
A six-hour stop-over flight from Singapore back to Hong Kong and two (not so good) in-flight meals later..... we were finally back at the Chek Lap Kok airport..... After baggage pick-up it was 9pm and I was up for some Popeyes!! It was actually my time trying Popeyes, and I never fully understood why people loved it so much until now. I've honestly been missing out this whole time! [but to be fair its not as if I go to the airport that often]

We shared a two piece fried chicken set ($52) which came with a buttermilk biscuit, cajun fries and a soda. The two pieces could be specified, and I asked for both to be breasts, one spicy and the other non-spicy. Both turned out to be non-spicy as the unenthusiastic lady behind the counter clearly forgot to put in my request... ohwell this was good anyway. It was served on the bone and the batter was well-seasoned, slightly peppery and really crispy to the point where you could hear us crunch away on these things =). And even though we had gone for the all white-meat breast part, it retained its moisture throughout the cooking process and it was not the least bit tough or chewy.

The buttermilk biscuit was ordinary, crumbly and soft but too plain for me.... I'd rather eat a sweet scone. The fries were bad tonight (not that I would've enjoyed them even if they were hot and crisp which these were not), probably because they had been sitting in the kitchen awhile - ours was a sad soggy pile.

I'm now wondering when I can visit Popeyes again for some fried goodies.... but next time I shall go a la carte!
Food: ♥♥♥♥
Service: ♥♥
Price: $

Popeyes
Level 7 Departures Check-in Hall (non-restricted area), Terminal 1, Hong Kong International Airport, 
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3118 1334
or 
Shop 7E161, Level 7 Departures East Hall (restricted area), Terminal 1, Hong Kong International Airport, 
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
Tel: +852  3171 1982

No comments: