About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Saturday 3 July 2010

My favourite 'food plaza' in town



Date of visit : 2nd July 
Food Plaza @ Happy Valley HKJC Members Clubhouse
We arrived at around 1pm, and I don't know about my brother but I was starving. Began my (soon to find very filling) lunch with a small salad ($48) with two bread rolls. 



I normally get attracted to Food Plaza's salad bar because of the bright colours of foods. I picked a bit of everything to try today. In this bowl there was some caesar salad (mix yourself), couscous, already mixed tuna and green bean salad, fried sweet potatoes, mushrooms and cauliflower. I also picked up a side bowl of balsamic vinaigrette and italian dressing to dip the bread and veggies in. 

After 10-15 minutes of ordering, we picked up the wagyu beef burger ($118 - a steal!) which had bacon, cheddar and a very crispy fried egg. This was made skilfully on a hot plate behind the counter.

Sides of mesclun mix and house chips, which were hot and crisp, but we could hardly stomach these as we aren't potato-eaters. 

see the browned egg? It was very very crispy indeed! Egg yolks are also cooked, for those who don't appreciate runny yolks like I do =) 


A cross-section of the burger. 

Their wagyu burger was honestly glorious. So thick, juicy and had a clear taste of beef which melted in your mouth...! I haven't tried the original version here (but i suspect it will be similar to the one I had at Shatin JC Ladies Purse's 200gm ground chuck which was pretty good). If the pictures above don't make you meat-eaters salivate I don't know what else will! 

A couple hours of blazing hot sun (it was at least 34 degrees celcius) later...... 

We had this for tea...

Crepe with fruits ($28) plus a scoop of Movenpick Caramelita ice cream ($25)

The fruits today were melon and pineapple, or for an extra $10 you could opt for pure mango. We had pineapple only as we both don't appreciate melons.... Whipped cream was slightly sweetened and delicious with the crepe. Order for it to be on the side if you don't want the cream to melt in the heat of the freshly made crepe!. Toppings such as nuts, chocolate sprinkles, syrups and chocolate sauce are all complimentary with your crepe - feel free to pile them on =).


cappuccino ($26)

Love love love this international food plaza
Food: ♥♥♥♥
Service: ♥♥
Price: $$$

Food Plaza
4/F, Hong Kong Jockey Club House, 1 Shan Kwong Road,
Happy Valley, Hong Kong

No comments: