About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Tea at Noritake & Niji Bistro

Date of visit: 3rd July 2010
Noritake & Niji Bistro @ Harbour City

Several years ago I visited Noritake & Niji Bistro for a lunch with a friend. I still remember thinking the fusion pasta (Bolognese with miso spaghetti) was pretty good. Fast forward a few years, this item remains on their menu.... but we were here for tea so we didn't want to order something of the main menu. 

First to arrive was.... 

Tuna salad with wasabi mayo ($48)

This salad was from the new summer menu, and I decided to order this rather than something off the tea set menu as it sounded tasty enough, and would leave me with room for dinner later.
I pictured a substantially-sized salad as the bed with seared tuna on top... then this plate arrived, which was tiny. I guess for its price I didn't expect much, but I thought more salad leaves wouldn't hurt. The tuna was fine, but it wasn't freshly seared as it was cold on my plate. It wasn't stringy in texture at the least! I did however like the wasabi mayo - tasted like wasabi but in a creamier form with a slight tang - good, and a little went a long way! 

Blueberry Cheesecake ($68) 

Niji has a cake display outside, selling squares of sesame, sakura flower and blueberry flavoured cheesecakes, all of which are the creamy baked kind. However they were only available for takeaway, so we were happy to learn that they were available as cut cakes with the tea set (green tea marble also available), albeit a third or quarter of the cake. The plate was done very nicely - no wonder it took the longest to arrive. 
Back to the cheesecake, it was wonderfully creamy and smooth, with a hint of sourness from I think lemon? which went nicely with the blueberry topping. Would love to try the green tea or sakura flower cheesecake soon!

Also ordered was this hot dog set ($58) which I didn't get to try, but my friend finished it in no time so I assume it was good? =)


hot dog, salad, fried potatoes
The tea sets come with coffee or tea as well, so I think the prices were quite reasonable, save for a few items.

This place is a good option at Harbour City for having a meal with some friends, the restaurant interior is quite nice, like an English tea room, but with Japanese-themed western food.
Food: ♥♥♥
Service: ♥♥♥
Price: $$

Noritake & Niji Bistro
Shop 3208, 3/F, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, 
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2175 0203

No comments: