About Me

sharing my thoughts on all things related to food.

Thursday 15 July 2010

Patisserie Tony Wong - a disappointment


Date of visit: 10th July 2010
Patisserie Tony Wong @ Kowloon City
We went to a family friend's house for dinner on this night, and my mother decided to buy a strawberry napoleon (her favourite) from Patisserie Tony Wong. We visited this place together before so she remembered to come here again. Yes, the cake was so appealing they could not wait for me to take photos before serving it...


A slice.... doesn't look half as good as their cut cakes on display, not as intricate. 

Appearance aside, the napoleon was honestly really disappointing. The strawberries were fresh and the custard was fine (I've had better), but the soggy layers of pastry spoilt the whole thing. They were not crisp / crunchy at all, as the layers weren't glazed like the ones at Fine Foods (see my review here). Thus the pastry had become soggy with time.... =(

Needless to say, in the future I'd go with their other excellent offerings such as the Matcha opera (my fave), American Cheesecake and Chocolate Truffle!
Food: ♥
Service: ♥♥♥
Price: $

Tony Wong 
74 Fok Lo Tsun Road, Kowloon City
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2382 6639


No comments: